The State Training Board prepares a State Training Plan each year, which contributes to the policy and purchasing direction for the State’s training system for the short to medium term. The Plan is developed each year within the context of current State and national vocational education and training policies, commitments and agreements.
The new State Training Plan 2017–2020 identifies and recommends key areas of focus such as:
- enhancing industry engagement;
- supporting and promoting innovation and technology within the education and training sector;
- priority for the employment of apprentices and trainees on major WA projects;
- creating skills development opportunities for young people;
- skilling our social assistance and allied health workforce; and
- supporting older workers.
A range of inputs are used to inform the Plan, including:
- analysis of economic, labour market and demographic data;
- industry consultation and advice,
- regional advice; and
- other relevant research and reports.
View the State Training Plan 2017–2020 on the State Training Board website at stb.wa.gov.au/stp2017