The Utilities, Engineering, Electrical and Automotive Training Council Inc (The UEEA) is commissioned by the Department of Training and Workforce Development to provide strategic advice to the State Training Board, regarding industry training issues. The UEEA is charged with ensuring industries have access to relevant, up-to-date training opportunities. We are one of nine industry driven bodies that work with a wide range of stakeholders to identify workforce development needs and ensure the provision of relevant training for all West Australians.
Our stakeholders include:
- Industry and Employer Associations
- State Government Agencies
- Local Government Agencies
- Registered Training Organisations
As an independent non-government, not-for-profit association, the UEEA aims to promote Vocational Education and Training and ensure industry has a sufficient supply of highly skilled workforce both now and into the future. We achieve this by:
- Researching and reporting industry workforce development needs
- Providing a leadership role in promoting training to industry
- Providing forward looking industry advice to government on training needs and priorities for public funding
- Participating in projects with National Industry Skills Councils
- Working with our industry sectors to ensure:
- workforce development issues are implemented
- high quality training standards are maintained
- specific industry training needs are addressed
- Providing VET and industry advice to schools
- Facilitating an RTO networks
- Organising workshops, forums, training expos and events and publish information to promote the latest developments in training in Western Australia
How can you get involved?
You can contact us with your training queries, respond to our requests for your advice or become a member of an Industry Working Group made up of expert’s working within your industry in Western Australia.
Your input is valuable to us.
You can register your interest by becoming a member and representing your industry sector on a wide range of training issues.
The UEEA covers a diverse but overlapping range of sectors involving a substantial range of occupations. Our industry sectors are:
- Professional Engineering, Draftspersons and Technicians
- Engineering Trades – Fitting, Machining, Welding and Fabrication
- Fluid Power
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Instrumentation and Control
- Refrigeration and Airconditioning
- Electricity – Generation
- Electricity – Transmission, Distribution & Rail
- Heavy and light mechanical
- Vehicle Body (Panel and Paint)
- Outdoor Power and Equipment